Monday, May 23, 2011

So Proud!

Today I am a Proud Momma!  The 1st grade had their awards day today and I knew that KC would be getting an award for all A's (it is now referred to as Principal's List).  We all -you know Mason and Grace would jump at any chance to miss a little class time- watched as Katie Claire walked up to receive her "Principal's List" award...I took pictures (although since the whole walking up, accepting award, and returning to seat  process takes less than 5 seconds the pictures aren't the best quality) and then turned my camera off...
I completely wasn't expecting her next award~  yes, (sniff sniff) my baby was awarded the CITIZENSHIP award!!
As a former 2nd grade teacher this is, IMO, the single greatest award a student can receive.  Many students will be awarded honor roll certificates and, although my kids have never received Perfect Attendance, not missing a day of school either means you have a stellar immune system (which isn't to be sneezed at :P) or that Momma just doesn't want that kid at home NO MATTER WHAT!  Either way, unless there was flu epidemic that hit the classroom there could be many of those given out.  But most teachers only give the Citizenship Award to ONE boy and ONE girl.  Because only TWO of these awards were given out, a lot of time and thought goes into who will receive it.  It is awarded to someone who is helpful to both the teacher and their classmates, someone who is kind and considerate to everyone, and someone of good moral character.
So, bear with me for a moment while I bask in wonder and amazement and a little maternal pride at my sweet Katie Claire who received the girl Citizenship Award for her first grade class. 

Holding up her Principal's List Award for All A's



Katie Claire and her teacher Mrs. Hall.  We have LOVED having Mrs. Hall this year.  I'm a little sad because she is moving to Lynn Fanning next year where she will teach 2nd grade.  She will be missed!!

Congratulations sweet Katie Claire!! We are so proud of your hard work and good character!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww congratulations Katie Claire!!!!!

BaileyJean said...

im sooo proud of her!!!! :) i wouldve came, mason called me this morning to tell me what time it was but i overslept and didnt wake up until 9:45 and i have felt bad about missing that all day! i really wish that i wouldve made it!