Monday, August 1, 2011

Because I know you are dying for pictures...

Two mini posts in one...

Corn is finally done!!
Thank you to- everyone sit down for this one- Kara...no, that is NOT a misprint...for helping me put up the corn.
Yes, KM actually came over to help me get the corn ready to freeze. Jeff even cooked hamburgers and hotdogs while we worked- meanwhile, Trent got lost in Walmart trying to find some more freezer containers- well, he didn't get lost but he couldn't find the containers and, like a typical guy, didn't want to ask for directions.
  Poor Kara. She wanted to help cut the corn off the cob so badly but being left handed just wouldn't let her do anything (and I couldn't really teach her-being right handed and all)...she really butchered the corn she tried to cut- pretty badly. So she was stuck washing and blanching corn.  Not much fun but she tried.  Anyway, THANK YOU KARA for your help (and Jeff for your culinary skills)!! :)

 Here are some pics I took to prove that my kids do know how to help!  They kind of took it by shifts and didn't commit entirely to the project but I take what I can get.  I only wish I had thought to get pictures proof of Kara helping :p





Second mini post: 
Meet the newest members of our family-
Big Guy, Big Momma, and Little Momma (otherwise known as Ginger)

We weren't really planning on getting a rooster but Trent decided that in the spring we might like baby chickens so we got one.  He's beautiful, isn't he?!  The other day I took a towel out and sat by the coop to talk to them. When I got out there only one hen was outside. I could hear the other hen rustling around in her nesting box.  About 5 minutes later I heard, "Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck" and then an egg hit the bottom of the box!  She had laid her first egg- well, not her first egg EVER- her first egg for us!  Neither of them have laid anymore but Trent says that's normal given the stress of the move and all.  They just better start laying soon...
THE EGG! ~ notice the little Easter eggs in the background...NOT real! We are "training" them to use the nest box to lay their eggs~

Mason and Arian are completely amazed...they were out there also and got to hear her lay the egg.


No comments: