Friday, October 28, 2011

Into the Maddening Crowd

It's that time of the year.  The one where we rush out into the maddening crowds trying to find something for our children to wear so that they can go door to door begging for candy.  The one where we spend a small fortune for a costume that they will wear ONCE. at night.  in the dark. 
Every year I put it off until the last minute as though the day isn't going to actually come.  Then I hurry around at the last minute scrounging something up.  Yep, e-v-e-r-y year.

I have recently decided that perhaps it isn't all my fault.  Yes, my kids tell me months, even a year in advance what they are going to be for Halloween.  Yes, I have plenty of time to make it happen.  Yes, by nature I am a procrastinator.  But...

My kids are wishy washy.  Indecisive. On the fence. Vacillating. Waffling. Wavering.  However you choose to word it the bottom line is THEY CAN'T MAKE UP THEIR MINDS.  I know they can't help it...it comes honest.  A little from me and a little from their Daddy.  You should see us trying to decide where we should go to eat or what we should do for fun as a family.  But that is a whole other post that I won't get into right now!

This year they have changed their sweet little minds at least a dozen times.  Katie Claire has vacillated between Auburn cheerleader, the bloody Scream character, a vampire, a clown, a tiger, and Mario.  Annaliesse has waffled between an Alabama cheerleader, a vampire, a witch, a unicorn, Luigi, Belle, Cinderella, a gorilla, a fairy, a genie, and Snow White. With all this fickleness what else can I do BUT wait until the last minute?

The good news...We have finally decided- or at least narrowed it down to no more than 2 choices- on a costume.  
Even better news...It only comes once a year and it's almost over!

Sorry, you'll have to wait until next week to see the final outcome!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I think you did a fantastic job- Katie-Claire looks just like a tiger with zebpa feet- & what well-dressed tiger soesn't want zebra feet- you are so talented!!