Friday, October 28, 2011

Two Posts, One Day

TWO POSTS!!
How is that possible? You ask.
Aren't you neglecting your parental duties?
Do you have nothing better to do than blog all day?

Yes, it is true that I am posting twice in a day...in a relatively short amount of time.  Yes, it is true that I do have better things to do than blog all day~ which I have been doing by the way (the other things, I mean, NOT the blogging). 
HOWEVER...I have Edda Bear Anderson (Ella Blair/Blaire- sorry Linds I'm not sure if there is an "e" at the end or not) at my house today and she is keeping Annaliesse quite occupied.  Well, she was until Katie Claire came home. Now Katie Claire is keeping Edda Bear quite occupied.  Soooooo while I have a little free time I am going to take advantage of it.

Today Katie Claire had a book character parade at her school.  I went and it was cute. I know, I know, you're thinking "just post the pics and being done with it". Spare us the whole monologue.  I would, but where's the fun in that?  :)

So last week - and by last week I actually mean the Friday BEFORE fall break- KC brings home her newsletter and following week assignments like she always does. I glance at them and then set them aside.  After all, there will be a whole week before I have to really think about what's going on AFTER fall break. 
Fall break comes and goes...pretty quiet and uneventful.  We don't go anywhere or do anything much and we certainly DON'T think about school!

Sunday night, on our way home from church, goes something like this:

KC: MOM!! My parade is tomorrow and I have to dress up like a character from my book!
Me: Katie Claire! Surely it isn't tomorrow...that sounds like a Friday kind of thing.
KC: No it IS tomorrow!  And I HAVE to dress up!
Me: What book do you have?
KC: A book about giraffes and a book about tigers.  I want to be a giraffe.
Me: There is no way I am going to find a giraffe costume at 9:30 on a Sunday night!! Nothing is even open!
Some brilliant person remembers Walmart is open...maybe it was me who remembered...I don't know.
We stop at Walmart and I manage to find a tiger mask, a tail, and some orange and black striped tights. 
When we get home I check to make sure that this thing IS actually tomorrow...
What do you think?
If you guessed NO then you are correct...or maybe you just paid attention to today's date and when I mentioned above that I went to her character parade today :)
Not only was the parade NOT going to be "tomorrow", the guidelines also stated that there could be no masks- yeah, I know, wait it gets better...AND that it had to be "homemade".

Soooooooooo...long story short- who am I kidding it's a long story :) I take back the mask and tail and buy some face paint and orange fabric (I'm gonna keep the store bought tights and they'll just have to get over it).  Go home and sew orange stripes onto a black leotard. I do make a tail, per Daddy's request, but forgo the tiger ears.  I have to admit that it turned out much better than I anticipated.  She looked pretty cute in her first homemade costume.

See for yourself!
No, I didn't serge the edge of the strips.  Yes, they are fraying. No, I don't really care.  How many times will she wear this again anyway?!
We She had issues with the tail.  The issue being that she didn't want one! 
This is why I do not include "makeup artist" on my resume!

Yeah, I know, zebra stripes and tiger stripes.  You can never have too much animal print?  Or can you?
There was an adorable Cat in the Hat costume and a Chef Mickey but since I don't know who the kids are nor do I have permission to post pictures of their kids, you'll just have to take my word for it!

No comments: